LINE CONDITIONERS STEROGUARD
ELECTRODYNAMIC LINE CONDITIONERS THREE-PHASE
TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
The protection against transient overvoltages generated by atmospheric discharges or by switching process is carried out by type 2 (cat. C) surge arresters complying with EN 61643-11/VDE 0675, part 6-11 characterised by a nominal discharge current (8/20) ln of 40 (or 60) kA, by a discharge current with Imax impulse of 50 (or 110) kA, a up protection level not greater than 1300 V and a response time tA shorter than 25 ns.
This component, thanks to the electrostatic shield inserted between primary and secondary windings, ensures the galvanic separation and high attenuation of common mode noises. It is characterised by N delta-star configuration or F or N thermal class, low output impedance and insensitivity to the power factor. The insulation between primary and secondary, primary and shield, secondary and shield is greater than 3000 V during one minute.
ELECTRODYNAMIC VOLTAGE REGULATOR
It ensures the “true RMS” value of the voltage with ±1% output accuracy even in the presence of strong harmonic distortions.
The innovative control circuit, combined with the structural reliability of the electrodynamic stabilisation system, has the following characteristics:
- response time from 6 to 40ms/Volt, depending on the model
- overload capacity 10 times the nominal voltage for 10 milliseconds, 5 times for 6 seconds, twice for 60 seconds
- efficiency of 97-98%
- insensitivity to load power factor and load variations
- insensitivity to mains frequency variations, in ±5% range
- harmonic distortion introduced lower than 0.2% under any operating condition (virtually zero)
- internal impedance that varies, according to the models, from 0.52 to 0.0015 Ohm (it does not require a new sizing of the protections being irrelevant compared to the line impedance)
- sizing of the magnetic components aimed at limiting iron and copper losses in order to create a cooling system that only uses the natural convection. In fact, the use of fans requires maintenance, filter cleaning and replacement on average every two years.
On the conditioners’ output is installed a three phase filter for the suppression of electromagnetic interferences.
Steroguard line conditioners are designed to operate properly with a maximum ambient temperature of +40°C under harsh conditions: continuous duty, full load, input voltage at minimum value.
CONFIRMITY TO STANDARDS
Steroguard line conditioners comply with the Standards contained in Directives: EMC and further amendments, Low Voltage 2014/30/uE and ETIC 2014/35/uE.
STEROGUARD LINE CONDITIONERS 3PH+N 230/400V 50/60 HZ
WITH INPUT ISOLATION TRANSFORMER
IREM LCs are designed to deliver the declared power permanently (24/7) under the worst operating conditions, i.e. at full load, at minimum input voltage and max input current and at the declared ambient temperature.
ELECTRODINAMIC LINE CONDITIONERS
IREM Steroguard Line Conditioners provide a maximum level of protection to high power appliances, burdened by power quality problems due to high electromagnetic susceptibility, connected to distribution lines disturbed by sudden voltage variations, high frequency interferences and voltage spikes.
The voltage regulation system is made up exclusively of magnetic components capable of supporting electric loads with high inrush currents. The use of electronic components is limited to the control of the mains and of magnetic components stabilising the voltage. Thanks to these features, the electromechanical line conditioners stand apart for their high electromagnetic immunity and for the reliability characterised by a MTBF longer than 500,000 hours. They are, therefore, particularly suitable for powering radio-TV transmitters, telephone systems, radar systems, motors, compressors, pumps, medical equipment, machine tools and so on.
Their constructive features ensure that maintenance can be carried out even by technical staff with only a basic knowledge of electrical installations.