The Power Pilot has been designed to allow the delivery of power in typically critical load conditions for the hydroelectric power production unit only and to improve the quality of the power supply to the users.
DEDICATED TO OFF-GRID INSTALLATIONS
Those who manage a reality not served by the national electricity grid and make use of an off-grid generation system for the production of electricity, are well aware of the critical issues related to managing loads, of their contemporaneity, it is often complicated to make the best use of energy produced, avoiding the problems related to peaks and overloads.
Add the fact that the users are becoming more and more demanding, from the point of view of the quality of the power supply network, thanks to the growing electronic component in almost all devices.
To obtain maximum system efficiency, it is sometimes essential to install a power integrator.
THE IREM PROPOSAL
The Power Pilot has been designed to allow the delivery of power in typically critical load conditions for the hydroelectric power generation unit only and to improve the quality of the power supply to the users.
- Take over the hydroelectric power production unit to make up for short and occasional overloads (absorbed power greater than the generated power)
- Make up for spikes and current peaks generated by specific disturbing loads, such as asynchronous motors
- Stabilize the voltage and frequency towards the users
- Provide continuity of electricity to users for a limited time in case of transient anomalies of the power supply from the hydroelectric generation unit (UPS function)
STAND ALONE PLANTS
ECOWATT HYDRO POWER PILOT
The Power Pilot can be installed upstream of all loads or upstream the only loads that generate the problems of power quality.
THE OPERATING PRINCIPLE OF THE POWER PILOT CAN BE SUMMARIZED IN THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
- It performs a double conversion (AC / DC DC / AC) of the input network and generates a sinusoidal alternating voltage of extremely stable amplitude and frequency at the output regardless of the changes and / or variations present in the input network.
- Keeps in charge, under the control of the multiprocessor board, an energy reserve consisting of a group of appropriately sized batteries.
- Constantly monitors the input network and, if it detects a transient overload of the hydroelectric generator (voltage and frequency values outside certain thresholds), supplies the load by totally or partially taking energy from the batteries in order to satisfy the output power required. It is able to mix the input mains power with the available power from batteries..
The following is a typical installation diagram of the Power Pilot inserted between hydroelectric power production units and users.