Experience, quality, reliability and innovation
IREM is a leading Company in the manufacture of electromechanical and electronic equipment for the control of the mains power in the following sectors:
- Powering of discharge lamps for professional applications
- Protection of electric users against line disturbances
- Luminous flux regulation in lighting plants
- Power generation by hydroelectric plants
Positive energy, without interruption for sixty years
The story of IREM began in 1947 with the first electromechanical Arc lamp current rectifier, designed and manufactured by the founder, Mario Celso.
In 1992, in Los Angeles, Mario Celso was granted the Scientific and Technical Award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for his contribution to the development of the movie industry.
Irem achieved in 1993 the certification of its quality system in compliance with UNI EN ISO 9001 standard, a further confirmation of its capacity to guarantee:
- A constant quality standard
- Reliable products through the years
- Precision and repeatability of all working processes
- Dropping of acceptance control at the customerís plant
- Identification and traceability of a product through the years
In the year 2000, IREM obtained the certification of its environment management system according to UNI EN ISO 14001standard.
This certification is a firm demonstration of the Companyís will to protect the environment not just through its products, but also via precise patterns of behaviour.
In the year 2004, IREM obtained the certification of its balance sheet according to the international auditing standards, an important yearly keystone as far as transparency and clarity are concerned.